Today is the last day of school. For the first time ever, and I think only time actually, all 4 of the girls have the same end day of school. It's bittersweet; the end of homework and projects and tests signals the beginning of spending lots more time together, for better or for worse. I'm nervous about the potential arguing, but excited about our summer science projects, library trips, swim team, dance camps, the garden, etc., etc., etc.
The first of our poppies bloomed today. It comes from a rather
weedy-looking plant (Jeff has tried to pull them more than once), but
the bloom is breathtaking. So summer will be what we bring to it--our
rather weedy family can produce amazing things when we put our minds to
it!
Still, I'm going out to lunch today. It might be months before I have another moment alone.
No comments:
Post a Comment